Thursday, May 04, 2006

What is this for? Updated 07/05/06 and again 08/05/06


Well, I've been making stuff. But why has Gav been making stuff is the question...?

Here's a picture clue. Clearly not finished. But what will he be? And what is he for?

Answers on a postcard....

Fuck that for a game of soldiers I spent my yoof engaging with Blue Peter! Comment away!

Edit: 22:30
I feel guilty now. It's not a portrait. Just because it looks like Samuel Beckett, the BFG or Derek down the pub doesn't count. It should read, "What's it for?" not "Who is he?" because he isn't anybody really. He just came out that way...

Let's call him Chicken George...but he does look like Beckett though.


Edit: Sunday 7th May half elevenish


Isn't it interesting what a difference the styling makes? Here he is in colour, 'tache drying on the le creuset palette...


...and here he is, moustache a'bristling, complete with a coat of exterior varnish...well he looks a lot less spectral with a coat of perma tan, and it does exactly what it says on the tin.

My younger daughter (not the Evil One) thinks he looks like Basil Fawlty as Q now (if that makes sense).

Today's edit 08/05/06:

I've been a little disinegenuous because I wanted to string it out a bit. But it just goes to show how very perceptive my lady readers are. Between them Lucy and Katey are pretty much spot on.

Yes he's on a chicken wire armature. Covered in papier mache. Painted in acrylic. Varnished with Ronseal Outdoor Clear Satin Varnish (does exactly what it says on the tin). For use on the allotments as a scarecrow's head. But not my allotment. It's a request from Ancient George the Gardens' Steward.

He has a Major' Mess Dress that he wanted to dress it in but I'm trying to get him to donate that to the school drama department and buy him something less impressive in a charity shop. I'll let you know whether I am successful. I'll post a picture when George actually puts the damn thing up.

So well done ladies. And no Lucy you can't have a prize, you shameless hussy! You have to wait for prizes to be awarded like a good girl!

15 Comments:

Blogger Name Witheld said...

By way of giving us a clue, could you tell us what it's made of?

Fri May 05, 02:19:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Gavin Corder said...

Nope! Start with that then, what do you think it's made of...?

Fri May 05, 06:13:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Linda Mason said...

I reckon he looks like the Duke of Edinburgh.

What's he for? Obvious. It's really a voodoo doll of someone you don't like and you're going to stick pins in it.

Fri May 05, 07:21:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Lucy said...

Its a chicken wire skeleton covered in plaster of paris.
Its for your scarecrow on the allotment?

Fri May 05, 08:17:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

I'll go with Lucy's chicken wire idea, but I'll raise her a papier mache moulding.

As for purpose, I say you will be wearing it in some kind of demonstration/parade.

K xx

Sat May 06, 01:39:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger Name Witheld said...

It's still life, Gavin, but not as we know it!

Could it have something to do with a school drama production?

Sat May 06, 08:26:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger David Evans said...

I reckon it is Peter Snow, and is to be used on the BBC as a quiet version of the original "What do you want to know about Digital Television"

Sun May 07, 10:42:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger Span Ows said...

Gavin...I'm beginning to think you're not so mad...I have looked into your blog at least twice (probably more times!) since you posted this - I would dispute the date and say you edited and got it really posted AFTER the edit EXCEPT that the comments are from friday onwards!...WTF! I seem to remember you had the same problemito with my blog at some stage.

Sun May 07, 09:06:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Span Ows said...

George Orwell...on a bad day.

It's for the school "What do you think of New Labour" play.

Or is it you? Nice tash! ;-)

Sun May 07, 09:08:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Gavin Corder said...

I'll have you know I do NOT look like Basil Fawlty. I have much more hair.

Refresh button, Span.

Mon May 08, 11:22:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger Lucy said...

Do I get a prize for getting it right?

Mon May 08, 12:11:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Lucy said...

Yes! Yes Yes!!!
Champagne? I'll share it with you ;)

Mon May 08, 05:56:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Span Ows said...

This is why I was never any good at exams - despite my success! I didn't read the question (haunted by all my masters/teachers/tutors saying the same thing!)

I was guessing WHO it was not what was it for!...that was obvious really...;-)

I did guess the guy's name though which surely deserves some credit...I'm sure you modelled it on Eric the George O.

P.S. "That was obvious" comment just to wind up Lucy and Katiekins.

P.P.S. I know you mentioned Chicken George but he was black!

P.P.P.S. I really must stop drinking although it does help with sincere posts like that to Six just now.

Mon May 08, 09:51:00 PM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

Sun Dec 03, 03:13:00 PM GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you do !
- gavincorder.blogspot.com c
07 car civic honda
buy used car
car undefined used
used car bergen
used car oakland
used car greensboro
used car raleigh
used car killeen
used car vallejo
used car tacoma

Tue Jan 02, 10:03:00 AM GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home