Monday, January 02, 2006

On a happier note...


On New years Eve the big kids assembled and departed - to return for later sleeping purposes. This picture is half of the Evil Daughter's Coven, plus my two little 'uns. An easy guess is which ones are mine...(Clue: 3 kids are mine.)

An early returnee was Number One Son's girlfriend. My dozy boy (the one wot won all the prizes at school) had left his passport in London and was being quizzed in the town about his age. His girlfriend came seeking coroborration of his age, even though he has cultivated a beard of sorts since he came home - which doesn't suit him - (he looks like Abraham Lincoln - but nothing but photo driving license or passport holds sway on New Years Eve). Sadly, man with badly grown beard looks like he's trying too hard. Still you can't tell 'em ....

Best I could do was supply his baby health record (which taken in conjunction with his NUS card might have coroborrated his name with picture with his age but only generated much mirth). As it happened they all proceeded over the road to our local where his name and provenance are known and word from licensee to licensee was passed. Better to be known in your home town than to have to prove yourself on paper.

Me and the missus had a whale of time with old friends, eating at home, going to the pub, coming home, eating and drinking more, teasing the yoof as they came in... Sport!

Oh and for those of you who have followed my posts from the start of this blog, yes there is trace of the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry on the pier between the books....

9 Comments:

Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

This really is a great photo.

I know what you mean about the sport that is had teasing the yoof - my boy has one particular mate that I enjoy the best banter with, and I leave him for dead every time!

Still, he knows it means I care.

K x

Tue Jan 03, 08:19:00 PM GMT  
Blogger Span Ows said...

Happy New Year Gavin!!!!! God, your girlie is gorgeous...look out for those dirty-minded, middle-aged men you may know...






whistle...






;-)

oh no!!!...word verification...

oglgft

Wed Jan 04, 05:35:00 PM GMT  
Blogger Linda Mason said...

Happy new year Gavin. I shall put up some pics of my beautiful babes soon, just to keep you in your place you understand!

Wed Jan 04, 10:24:00 PM GMT  
Blogger Crispin Heath said...

Ahhhh, now they are a nice bunch.

I bet everyone else thinks your daughter's absolutely lovely and as much as you try and persuade them she's evil no one believes you. Am I right?

Thu Jan 05, 03:02:00 PM GMT  
Blogger Name Witheld said...

Hi Gavin,

"Teasing the yoof"...I'm glad I've found other people who do this. It's great fun, isn't it? I have a great time taking the P out of my two eldest and they give as much as they get! Character building or what!

Fri Jan 06, 03:49:00 PM GMT  
Blogger Linda Mason said...

Gavin, you're very quiet again. Hope everything is OK.

Fri Jan 06, 10:20:00 PM GMT  
Blogger kats said...

If those are all your book cases, with all those lovely books - you've just gone up a notch in my estimation Gav.

A lovely happy photo too.

Kats

Sun Jan 08, 10:10:00 AM GMT  
Blogger Gavin Corder said...

Stop perving Span, you dirty old git!

Six, she really is evil - you can't judge a book by its cover!

Oh yes "teasing the yoof" is my principal hobby!

Yes Mags, been a bit busy so not posting - did you miss me?

Kats, one thing we are not short of round here is books!

Sun Jan 08, 03:59:00 PM GMT  
Blogger Linda Mason said...

Of course I missed you Gavin.

xxxx

Now when do I get my fiver you promised?

Sun Jan 08, 10:12:00 PM GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home