Thursday, December 29, 2005

This is not a pretty picture...

On Friday, my neighbour took a beating. In his house. On my street.

And I didn’t know it was happening.

Now when I say he took a beating, you have to understand that this is a man who has never said boo to a goose. And he is bloody black and blue all down the right fist side with grabs up the neck, and that's enough to convince me that he was held and he was beaten.

Me I've boo-ed a few gooses in my time. And some of the geese have given me a right flap back. Fair play to them.

But not this guy. He’s a non-combatant and older as well.

He slept last night on my sofa as our guest and he can’t remember or won’t remember what happened after she threw the first punch.

I am no forensic scientist, but from his injuries - I'd say it was very one sided. I'd never hit a woman but I wouldn't let that happen to me.

9 Comments:

Blogger David Evans said...

Your right there Gavin, shocking bruises and not something I would allow myself to be given, without retaliation, regardless who was dishing this out.

Thu Dec 29, 12:20:00 PM GMT  
Blogger Name Witheld said...

It's very kind of you to care for your neighbour in that way.

What kind of people carry out such attacks?

Thu Dec 29, 12:37:00 PM GMT  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

A woman did this???

Not on her own she bloody didn't, surely??

I have some large friends that could not possibly inflict this on a male without help.

I am stunned Gav!

I really hope he'll be on the mend and presses charges of course.

K xx

Fri Dec 30, 12:13:00 AM GMT  
Blogger kats said...

ouch! The poor man.

Sat Dec 31, 01:16:00 PM GMT  
Blogger Maethelwine said...

I have a tough time believing that's the work of one woman, unless she was using something more substantial than a fist and didn't sit down for a cigarette break for a good while.

None of our business, of course, but is this the first time you're aware of this happening?

Mon Jan 02, 03:28:00 PM GMT  
Blogger Gavin Corder said...

He showed up in the pub looking like that. So I took him home.

He remembers nothing other than he went home and her ex was in the house which provoked matters. However the ex is an anti-everything peace protester, anti-vivisection, don't hurt the fluffy things, anti-war anti all. Nice . Fluffy. Lovvely...

My neighbour remembers only the first thump which came from her.

So you tell me?

Mon Jan 02, 10:29:00 PM GMT  
Blogger Span Ows said...

I suggest you speak with him again...and why is HE being thumped when the ex is there?...more details needed to make any other comment othe rthan he needs help in more ways than one.

Wed Jan 04, 05:37:00 PM GMT  
Blogger Crispin Heath said...

Jesus Christ. I'm amazed that he pitched up lookoing like that and still won't report it. Has he got a lot to lose by going to the police?

Thu Jan 05, 03:04:00 PM GMT  
Blogger Span Ows said...

Gavin, any more news here...I am a nosey git and really want to know what happened!...or want to know what really happened as the case may be!

Sat Jan 07, 03:32:00 PM GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home