Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Elderberries!


I'd just like to say I now have permission to use this shot. Great innit? You must look at this guy, Gene Wilburn's photos. Here. If you're reading Rupe, what do you think?

Here starteth ye olde original poste:

I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

Is there someone else up there we can talk to?
No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.

Not really my loyal readers! I have been so lax lately that I am really charmed that you all still keep coming back. Thank you. I really appreciate it.

I have a number of posts researched, if not prepared, (yeah yeah yeah, that's what I tell the client all the time!)

However, I do have some fine photo-journalism... (What? In my own way, like the bublifuk post...) of one of my experiences in the hundred and one things to do with a courgette series - it is novel... (new! Not a bloody book!) (Phew!)

I have a bollocks post inspired by Sperestillan here but with much more punk and court cases, as well as medieval weaponry, as you might expect.

And getting back to the elderberries...I have approached a really good photographer, to see if I can use his elderberry image, because I can't take a shot like that, no matter how hard I try. The shame of it that my dear Papa was a professional photographer!

However, the elderberries are fit to drop with all this rain. My wine-making cannot commence until the picking of the berries, but I've got to go to a wedding tomorrow. (Unless Kenny bottles again in which case the bride has to go home to China....)

So maybe the weekend will be a post frenzy...?

15 Comments:

Blogger David Evans said...

Your right Gavin, this guy takes some cracking pictures. I see he uses a Canon 300D camera. I am after a 350D which is the next one in the range at £400 plus on EBay.

Wed Aug 23, 11:08:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Linda Mason said...

Boring fact no323: When I lived in W3, my next door neighbour was a hortoculturist at Kew, who did her Phd in elderberries and flowers and their relative wine making properties.

Wed Aug 23, 11:23:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Gavin Corder said...

Mags dear,

Your mate and her elderberries may be boring. Mine are delicious!

My wife has spent the evening doing to beetroots, what would only be described as ball tampering, by the cricket fraternity...and you suggest my berries are boring? Surely not, madam!

Wed Aug 23, 11:28:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Span Ows said...

Gavin nobody has mentioned your 'ourtwaygeeeous' accent!

Nice shot...any wine? Elderberry wine is teh dog's bollocks! ;-)

Thu Aug 24, 02:15:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Ginro said...

Long have we awaited your 'Bollocks' post.

A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day. This day we wait your post on...Bollocks!

Thu Aug 24, 08:16:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Linda Mason said...

gavin petallypops...you have taken this the wrong way. I didn't mean that either you or your no doubt sub standard elderberries are boring (my elderberries must be better than yours because they are mone) merely that I was imparting what I thought you might think was a boring fact!

Now say sorry, you beast.

Thu Aug 24, 08:34:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Span Ows said...

mone?

Thu Aug 24, 11:31:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Linda Mason said...

Look here Span, it might still be your birthday here but I'm not having this nit-picking. You will pay!

Mine of course.

Now you apologise too, you other beast.

Fri Aug 25, 12:03:00 AM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I adore elderflower cordial.

Fri Aug 25, 12:06:00 PM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I adore elderflower cordial.

Fri Aug 25, 12:06:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Gavin Corder said...

Mags, sorry, you beast.

Span, Elderberry wine and bollocks in one comment! Excellent. Have a birthday star.

I prefer something stronger than cordial Curmy.

I shall bollock anon Sperestillan. Was that Aragorn's speech at the Battle of Mordor?

Fri Aug 25, 03:35:00 PM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lightning, you are quite wrong.
The photographs on this guys site are intensely boring. Look at the black and white photo's.
Flat light, no contrast, grey on grey. No talent whatsoever.
Ok the elderberries look fine, but anybody with a decent lens, auto focusing, gets close enough not to actually compose anything is really horribly easy.
The landscapes are fair, but have a look at Wildlife message board BBC, and you'll see some of the posters have put up their wonderful photo's.
One of which I have purchased from the photographer and is now framed here at home.
The black and white photo's I've mentioned are of people, "Justin"
and "Ruby" and an elderly gentleman.

Fri Aug 25, 06:33:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Span Ows said...

I'm sorry too Mags...(sulks with pouting bottom lip)

Sat Aug 26, 07:35:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger Ginro said...

Well he did say something along those lines yes, lol.

Tue Aug 29, 01:26:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Mister Frost said...

As someone who has pretended to be a photographer for many years as part of my cover story my view is that some of the aid gentleman's 'shots' (technical term there) are very good and some less so.

Tue Aug 29, 11:18:00 PM GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home