Monday, October 17, 2005

One post too far...

Well today's little quip in middle english on the 5Live message boards sent me to pre-mod purgatory. All I said was that I was moving on to middle english since the mods couldn't cope with Old English.

Mine wanges (pronounced 'wanguhs') werken me full wo and, for to drynken, strong wyn, reed as blood.

Scarely rocket science! This is the language of Chaucer and Langland! Nope to announce that I have rather a bad toothache and I think I'll have a glass of red wine was a post too far - tipped the Mods over the edge!

So back to the Anglo Saxon and for the time being Beowulf is min nama.

4 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

no doubt the wanges/wanguhs and werken did for them!

Mon Oct 17, 08:48:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Span Ows said...

P.S. HELLO...I'M HERE!

Mon Oct 17, 08:49:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Span Ows said...

...oooer...I can feel you watching me!....spooky

Tue Oct 18, 11:47:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger Crispin Heath said...

It's alright not logged in is railing against the mods for Welsh to be a recognised board language

Tue Oct 18, 12:04:00 PM GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home